Playground Plus v1.0.12A fully functional and freely downloadable multi-user realtime elsewhere-too talk server for UNIX
Playground Plus Licence
This is the licence for Plaground Plus (hence known as "the program" which refers to all codes and the 'look and feel' of codes contained herein that are not contained within ewtoo, summink or PG96) which is based loosely on the licences for SensiSummink, PG96 and Nuts. If you do not agree to the licence then you should not use this base code.
1. You may copy and distribute exact copies of the program's source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided you provide each copy with a copy of this licence and a notice of the absence of any warranty. You may change a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy provided this fee does not exceed your costs of transferring the copy and may not include any labour costs. You may not charge a fee for the program itself.
2. You may modify your copy or copies of the program or any portion of it, and copy and distribute such modifications or work under section 1 above, provided that you do not remove the original crediting and, where a seperate licence exists, you comply with those conditions. You may not add or cause to be added any functionality to the program that would allow others to see, without the users knowledge, the parameters or arguments passed to a command by a user, such as would infringe on the users privacy, nor may you replace a command that normally ensures privacy to a user, by another command that does not allow an equivalent level of privacy, and call that command by the same name, or by a name that implies the same level of privacy.
3. Use of the program is restricted that you may not charge for the use of the EW-Too Talker System on a per connection or per user or by connected time basis, or any other charge scheme that places a liability on any end user.
4. You must not remove the "version" for the program or the ability for a user of the talker to call this function whilst logged onto the talker. There is nothing more annoying for source maintainers than to log into a talker and not know which version the people have. It seems that some people have removed the command so their talker seems less 'out of the box', but seeing as almost every talker is ew2 based, thats seems a little pointless so please leave the command in place.
5. You must credit the following people perminantly in your message of the day (MOTD).
This talker is based on Playground+ written by Silver, a stable and bug free version of PG96 by traP, astyanax, Nogard and vallie which is based on Summink by Athanasius which is based on EW2 by Simon Marsh.
This message has been hard coded into the base code and therefore should not be modified.
6. In help 'credits' or something similar you must also credit the following people:
For EW-Too - Chris Hughes and Jonathan Sloman, who made many advancements,
For Summink - Grim and Nicolai, who made signifigant changes,
For Playground 96 - sparky, alaric, Brann, snapper, subtle, DanS, Mantis, Oolon, Currawong, nightshyfte, indieFan, shimone, aimee, and rafferty.
For Playground+ (PG+) - Silver, phypor, blimey, astyanax, Segtor and Spire.
For Playground+ 1.0.12 - Griff, Lokie, Beaver and Segtor
The reportto command was provided by Mantis from the Resort Online.
7. If you choose to use the "report_to" code, you recognize that it was written by Mantis from the Resort, and as part of the agreement, you may not remove the existing command aliases of "rpt" or "reportto" you may add to it, if you wish, but those command names must exist, otherwise the agreement allowing you to use those commands is voided.
8. BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
9. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.